Network Slicing for better performance

Adnan Shaikh

Feb 4, 2019
Hello All,

I have 2 VMs installed on one PVE node. Windows 10 and pfsense. The network port for Windows 10 goes through the PFSENSE LAN. I want to implement network slicing for better throughput performance. On the Windows 10 I have telemetry data applications fetching data. I was looking for resources online and could not find any. Can anyone help me with setting this up or point mt in the right direction? This is my first post and I am new to Proxmux so I apologize if my post lacks information. Please let me know what I missed and I will fill in the blanks.

I am using Proxmux 5.3-5

Thank you

You can rate limit the throughput:

View attachment 10384

Thank you for the quick reply. Sorry for the late reply was out of office.

Sorry if this is a dumb question : But I want to maximize the throughput. With the Rate limit set to unlimited we see a lower throughput then if we would use an actual machine.

Is there a way where we can have unlimited rate limit on both the VMs?

Maybe with Open vSwitch. You can however use tc for that, but the limit-stuff is maybe the easiest. Dynamic traffic shaping is not that easy.

Thank you so much for your suggestions. Thank you for your help. I will try rate limiting first and test the VMs.

I will also try tc and Open vSwitch. If I have any questions I know where to come.

Thank you again.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!