Namespace disappeared

rvdk92

Nov 8, 2020
Hello,

I have create last week a new Proxmox Backup Server and added to my PVE-Cluster with namespace.

The first 4 days, the backup backed up neatly in the namespace.

But now the backups are put in the root and I also see that the namespace is suddenly gone, I can't change it either. how can this be adjusted again without creating it again and how can this just happen?

Attachments

• pbs.png
    pbs.png
    24.2 KB · Views: 21
Hi,
how can this be adjusted again without creating it again
pvesm set <id> --namespace <ns>

how can this just happen?
Interesting question, never saw this nor could I reproduce it now by trying some random things.
If not some odd bug the most sensible options are that either someone edited the storage.cfg or deleted the property manually via the API or pvesm.

Hi,
are all nodes in the cluster up to date? Editing the storage on a node where the namespace property is not yet known would be a scenario where the property would get lost.

Hi,
are all nodes in the cluster up to date? Editing the storage on a node where the namespace property is not yet known would be a scenario where the property would get lost.
thanks i think that was the problem.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!