Multi datacenter view.

txsastre

Jan 6, 2015
hi there.
it's been a while since I tested again proxmox, really like this new version 5.3

just a question : I want to have 2 physical separate CPD with 3 hosts and a SAN each.

could be possible to have in the same GUI interface both datacenters ?

another one, which is the easiest way to move/copy VM between them ?

** I have to say that I developed a script where the backup CPD takes the backups from the pro CPD and restores in it (also making a retention schema).

Thanks !

could be possible to have in the same GUI interface both datacenters ?

This is asked every now and then (I also monitor this loosely) and there was the answer that there are ideas but no one is working on it (back in 2017). I haven't found it on the roadmap, so maybe still on a very low priority.

Reactions: txsastre
Easiest way is to share the backup location and do a backup&restore. Also easy is a constant replication with ZFS if both locations have ZFS.
hi, do you know if I can do that between SAN environments ?
I like to have 2 separated CPD with 3 hosts with SAN each.

by the way, I spend last weekend developing an script that copies from the backup storage to the develop CPD, and also I have implemented a retention system.
so when restored I can have n VM that are the same from different dates ready to start.

I really like the way proxmox works, its really intuitive and transparent, very flexible too.

hi, do you know if I can do that between SAN environments ?

Normally, you don't backup to your san environment, but to a separate storage. Best would be if the SAN is able to serve NFS, so that you can just mount it on both SAN environments.

so when restored I can have n VM that are the same from different dates ready to start.

If you restore each VM to its own VMID, this should work.

hi there, I forgot to say that we also have a NAS server (a synology).

Both clusters will share folders there.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!