Multi datacenter view.

Discussion in 'Proxmox VE: Installation and configuration' started by txsastre, Dec 15, 2018.

1. txsastre

txsastre New Member

hi there.
    it's been a while since I tested again proxmox, really like this new version 5.3

just a question : I want to have 2 physical separate CPD with 3 hosts and a SAN each.

could be possible to have in the same GUI interface both datacenters ?

another one, which is the easiest way to move/copy VM between them ?

** I have to say that I developed a script where the backup CPD takes the backups from the pro CPD and restores in it (also making a retention schema).

Thanks !

2. LnxBil

LnxBil Well-Known Member

This is asked every now and then (I also monitor this loosely) and there was the answer that there are ideas but no one is working on it (back in 2017). I haven't found it on the roadmap, so maybe still on a very low priority.

txsastre likes this.
  3. LnxBil

LnxBil Well-Known Member

Easiest way is to share the backup location and do a backup&restore. Also easy is a constant replication with ZFS if both locations have ZFS.

4. txsastre

txsastre New Member

hi, do you know if I can do that between SAN environments ?
    I like to have 2 separated CPD with 3 hosts with SAN each.

by the way, I spend last weekend developing an script that copies from the backup storage to the develop CPD, and also I have implemented a retention system.
    so when restored I can have n VM that are the same from different dates ready to start.

I really like the way proxmox works, its really intuitive and transparent, very flexible too.

5. LnxBil

LnxBil Well-Known Member

Normally, you don't backup to your san environment, but to a separate storage. Best would be if the SAN is able to serve NFS, so that you can just mount it on both SAN environments.

If you restore each VM to its own VMID, this should work.

6. txsastre

txsastre New Member

hi there, I forgot to say that we also have a NAS server (a synology).

Both clusters will share folders there.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice