Moving web GUI to new subnet on a cluster

Pandez

Jun 20, 2022
I have a two-node PVE cluster currently hosted on my LAN at 192.168.1.*, but I would like move the webGUI management to it's own subnet at 192.168.100.*. I've gotten communication between my LAN and the subnet working and have confirmed this by deploying and pinging VMs on the subnet from my LAN. I migrated the first node by making the following changes to etc/network/interfaces and /etc/hosts:

Code:
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

iface enp8s0 inet manual

auto vmbr0
iface vmbr0 inet static
        bridge-ports enp8s0
        bridge-stp off
        bridge-fd 0
        bridge-vlan-aware yes
        bridge-vids 2-4092

auto vmbr0.10
iface vmbr0.10 inet static
        address 192.168.0.1/24

auto vmbr0.100
iface vmbr0.100 inet static
        address 192.168.100.5/24
        gateway 192.168.100.1

Code:
127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost
192.168.100.5 <pve domain>

# The following lines are desirable for IPv6 capable hosts

::1     ip6-localhost ip6-loopback
fe00::0 ip6-localnet
ff00::0 ip6-mcastprefix
ff02::1 ip6-allnodes
ff02::2 ip6-allrouters

I'm confident the VLAN interfaces and routing are all working correctly because I can ping addresses at 192.168.100.* from my LAN-assigned PC, I can even ping the new address at 192.168.100.5, but when I try access the WebGUI through a browser the connection is refused. I am wondering if something about the node being part of a cluster is interfering-do I need to migrate the second node as well to get access to the WebGUI? I'm hesitant to do that without knowing since the second node hosts my virtual router and provides internet access to my network and don't want to wind up locking myself out.

Have you tried restarting pveproxy on that node?:

Code:
systemctl restart pveproxy

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!