Moving proxmox cluster servers physically. How to proceed to not broke quorum?

Nakata

Renowned Member
Jun 13, 2012
Hello,
i need to move my server rack with 8 Proxmox servers to different location.
My network interfaces where the quorum is running on internal network /not the internet/. I can move all servers at once, or better i preffer to move one after another to reduce downtime
How to proceed, when i do not want my quorum get broken ? Is there some option to put cluster to some kind of service mode ?

For example, sometimes i work wih pacemaker, where i can use command "crm configure property maintenance-mode=true" and cluster is not broken during restarts or services.

Do i have some similar options with Proxmox cluster? Do you have some suggestions how to move servers and not to get quorum broken ?
Regards
RH

Last edited:
Hi,

You can remove security 3 nodes without any config adaption.
But you can also set the expected votes to 1.
Code:
pvecm  expected 1
This setting is not persistent.
https://pve.proxmox.com/pve-docs/pvecm.1.html

But be sure that HA is disabled if you use it.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!