Moving ceph to different nic/network?

OrdinarySteve

Jul 16, 2020
Hello,

I set up my servers, then set up my cluster, then set up ceph. At the time I only had one link and one nic and one network i/f on each, 192.168.1.0/24. I now have 10G nics in all the machines. I've given the interfaces IP addresses on a different subnet (172.16.1.x) and I'd like to configure ceph to use these nics for its traffic. I've seen lots of information on moving cluster traffic to a different network, but not lot about moving ceph traffic instead. Is it even possible? I don't have any VMs yet so if I have to star all over I could, but i'd rather not. Any advice or pointrs to advic would be gratefully received.

The easiest way is to configure the current subnet to use the 10 GbE network. Then you will only need to reboot the nodes. Otherwise you will need to manually add the new network, make it route-able and add the destroy/add a new MON at a time.

Cheers! I'll give it a try. The switch I'm using for storage doesn't have nay kind of route out to anywher e- it is only for storage - but I'll see what I can do.

I've done some stuff. I removed all the config, removed all the osds and manages and every config file I could think of, zapped some drives and I'm almost back in business, but I have one server not playing ball. I'll use a separate thread for that issue though. I can't really mark this as solved, but the issue is closed if that makes any sense?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!