nakata720

Jul 9, 2023
Hello everyone !

I have configured a 2-node cluster with QDevice working properly. Now I reached the moment when I have to set up the HA but I am encountering some obstacles.
Here are the configurations I have done till now :
  • ZFS local storage (I am using the created one from the proxmox and just added the 2 nodes) Should I stay with local-zfs or add a new zfs directory -> HA-local ?
1690564701092.png 1690564850422.png

• Replication job from node1 to node2 on CT-1. And here is the log I got from its execution :
1690564962262.png
  • Created a Datacenter HA group and configured it with my CT. Thats the log I got from one try :
1690565366336.png

How can I tackle the issue with the Permission denied (keyboard-interactive) between the two nodes. I configured a 2FA with google authenticaiton and I can ssh from each node to each node without any problems with the code provided by the app.

Thank you for your time guys in advance !

Attachments

• 1690564797579.png
    1690564797579.png
    30 KB · Views: 0
  • 1690565070511.png
    1690565070511.png
    43.8 KB · Views: 0
Hello everyone !

I successfully tackle the issue with a few lines of code and configurations.

1. Storage : It's recommended to create a separate ZFS dataset for the HA configuration. This way, the HA resources and configuration files are stored separately from the VM/CT (Container) data. Creating a dedicated ZFS dataset for HA can make it easier to manage, backup, and restore your HA settings independently. You can create the new ZFS dataset (e.g., HA-local) and then associate it with both nodes in the datacenter. I created a new zfs directory called HA-local.

2. Permission denied (keyboard-interactive) : I tackle it with a Match directive. Here is how to do it :
nano /etc/ssh/sshd_config
Add the following Match directive at the end of the sshd_config file on both nodes:
Match Address 192.168.90.90 # Replace with the IP address of the other node
AuthenticationMethods publickey
systemctl reload sshd

I hope I helped somebody :)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!