migration 4.1 qcow2 to 4.2

drobicek

Apr 25, 2016
hi can not be transferred qcow2 to new 4.2.
old HDD is qcow2 file with 4.1,and new SSD is 4.2,but I do not know where to put the file qcow2,because in put standart directory /vz does not work.
please help me
thank you

check the output of:

> cat /etc/pve/storage.cfg

on both installations.

in new 4.2:
dir: local
path /var/lib/vz
content iso,vztmpl,backup
lvmthin: local-lvm
thinpool data
vgname pve
content rootdir,images

hi can not be transferred qcow2 to new 4.2.
old HDD is qcow2 file with 4.1,and new SSD is 4.2,but I do not know where to put the file qcow2,because in put standart directory /vz does not work.
please help me
thank you

/vz is not the default Proxmox VE path, it is alwas /var/lib/vz

but you can create a symlink to point /vz to /var/lib/vz

(/vz was use as default path on some other openvz platforms)

yes I know, I thought /var/lib/vz.
but it does not work to me......
help me please

yes I know, I thought /var/lib/vz.
but it does not work to me......
help me please

please tell in detail what is not working and what you try to do.

for example, by use the "move disk" button on the GUI

where? I'm just REMOVE

Go go the hardware tab of your VM, then click on the hard disk and you see the "move disk" button.

in new 4.2 not MOVE DISK, only remove, templates, upload from my old qcow/iso file,but this image load to LVM,but i have load LVM-THIN,because LVM small space,but LVM-THIN big space.
sorry for my English

Last edited:
in new 4.2 not MOVE DISK, only remove, templates, upload from my old qcow/iso file,but this image load to LVM,but i have load LVM-THIN,because LVM small space,but LVM-THIN big space.
sorry for my English

I attached a screenshot, showing the move disk button. So if you got the qcow2 disk in a VM, you can move it to another storage.

move-disk.png

hi tom, if we copy the hdd file, in which dir do we copy the hdd file and how do we mount it? if we can copy the file, it was all ok, but how :)

regards

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!