Migrate entire cluster to a new VLAN

B3rt_PX

Apr 7, 2022
Hello Support,

I have a cluster made up of two nodes and I would need to migrate the cluster nodes to a new VLAN (changing the IP addressing)

How can I do? Do you have a guided/recommended procedure to follow?
Is there a service interruption?

Thanks

Hello @B3rt_PX please post your /etc/network/interfaces
What storage protocol are you using for your cluster? please also post:
/etc/pve/corosync.conf

Good mornign @jsterr,
thanks for your answer.

I attached you the requested file:

The storage protocol used is LVM-Thin.

Thanks

Attachments

• corosync.txt
    495 bytes · Views: 2
  • interfaces.txt
    1.2 KB · Views: 1
Do you have a downtime window for this? If yes:

* If the names stay the same (hostnames) just change the ip addresses in /etc/network/interfaces and /etc/hosts on both nodes
* After that recreate the ssh-hostkeys with pvecm updatecerts.
* Change corosync.conf to the new ip-adresses

Please notice as soon as you change the ips, corosync wont have a working ip. If you want to do it without downtime, you should add the new ip-adresses as a Ring1 in corosync.conf (but also add another interface with linknumber 1 in the totem description of the file. With that way, you can change the host ips afterwards to the new ones, corosync switches to its fallback (which is now online) and you dont have a interruption. After that, you should remove Ring1 again an interface-totem linknumber1 after moving the ip frmo Ring1 to Ring0.

It would be best to check the docs on howto edit corosync.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!