Make Google Drive accessible in an LXC: Best practices?

maeries

Jul 10, 2015
Basically I want to run Plex in an LXC and have it use my Movies stored in a Team Drive. I guess rclone mount, which uses fuse, is the best option to access the movies. In the Wiki it says that it is advised against using fuse inside an LXC. Is that still up to date? I mean there is a fuse option for the containers in the webinterface. I would not be there if using it was such a bad idea. Or is rclone not the best idea to begin with?

Depending on what section of the wiki you are looking at, articles might be outdated or not. What is always up to date is the reference documentation. It has a section about FUSE mounts in containers.

I'm also working on this scenario...

I'm configured gdrive rclone on the Proxmox Host and managed to mount it on the Plex LXC.

Root user managed to read/write on the mount shared without any issues, but the plex user created by the plex media server installation cannot read/write.

Any solution/recomendation for running plex on a proxmox lsc with rclone support?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!