LXC load averages are wrong in Zabbix on PVE 8.x in LXC containers

kobuki

Renowned Member
Dec 30, 2008
After upgrading to PVE 8 and several CTs to Debian 12, I experience a loadavg discrepancy. The load averages shown in the CTs are that of the host, divided by the number of CPU cores of the LXC container (per-core loadavg in Zabbix), instead of the load of the LXC guest itself. The commands uptime, top, and the contents of the /proc/loadavg are fine and showing the correct values. Debian 11 and earlier behave correctly, the Zabbix agent sends the correct values representing the actual guest load. The hosts are all using the lxcfs --enable-loadavg feature.

I'm not sure if the issue lies with Debian, the Debian template, LXC, LXCFS, a patch the Proxmox team applies to a component, or somewhere else, but I thought it's best to also ask here. PVE 8.0.x and 8.1.x behaves the same.

Please also see this on the Zabbix forums, detailing the problem a bit more: https://www.zabbix.com/forum/zabbix...debian-12-zabbix-reports-load-average-of-host

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!