LXC containers shows host's load average

Hi there.
I remember reading in another thread in this forum that. this was not an Proxmox issue but some kind of bugs between lxcfs and cgroups2 or something like that but I am now unable to find the thread. For me, as all my containers are monitored from custom agents inside the container for load and memory this simply blocks my upgrade path, and I will be in pve6 until this gets addressed (if gets addressed).

The alternative for me is develop/deploy a new monitoring system running on the physical Proxmox hosts for more than 200 containers, which is currently not an option.

@Dunuin if you are using zabbix agent inside the container (I am also for some of my nodes), I have just created my own items for reading memory. The right memory values inside the container can be found in /proc/meminfo so you just create an item which reads this, using
key = vfs.file.contents[/proc/meminfo]
and then just create dependent items which parse the values of the original item to generate the free/used/avalable/total items.

Reactions: Dunuin
Did anyone end up finding a fix for this issue where the LXC containers show the hostnode CPU use

Hasn't changed for me. I still see host cpu usage at the idle container.

In the bugzilla issue they didn't fix anything, just closed it and provided a workaround, which in my view is not optimal. Not sure where the change should go, but there should be a /etc/default/lxcfs with a LXCFS_OPTS= var to able to specify whether you want this enabled or not.

I understand they might not want to enforce a behavior change in lxcfs which might not suit everyone, but at least the "workaround" should survive lxcfs upgrades.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!