Lost connectivity with external storage after upgrade

jerry

Renowned Member
Apr 7, 2015
Hi Proxmoxers.
After restarting PVE nodes previously upgraded from 5.3.13-1 to 5.4.65-1 kernel, we lost connectivity with LUNs provided by Fujitsu Eternus DX100 S4 - FC interface connected to QLogic 2692 Host Bus Adapters in servers. It's not multipath issue, as we cannot see the storage devices via fdisk, lsblk or dmsetup ls commands. There are several errors in /var/log/messages: „device-mapper: ioctl: error adding target to table”.
Any ideas what is wrong?

Did you got a workarround? i have the same problem with the QLogic Card 2692. Working fine @prox 6.1, not working on 6.2

Did you got a workarround? i have the same problem with the QLogic Card 2692. Working fine @prox 6.1, not working on 6.2
Temporary workaround is to boot using old kernel (set default="1>2" in grub.cfg), but it's not fix. Last year I had a similar problem with Lenovo DE storage - the QLogic HBA firmware update helped.

Thanks this works fine for me.

Under Ubuntu (Kernel 2.4) it doesn't work aswell, but on the new one (Kernel 5.8!?) it works! So just waiting for Proxmox 6.3, perhabs it will work there!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!