[SOLVED] Losing connection on all devices connected to router

phool

May 1, 2021
Hello there,

my problem is kind of weird which makes me believe I must have done something terribly wrong!

Currently I have two computers connected to my router. One of them is my desktop pc, the other one is being used for proxmox ve (6.4).

As I just started out using proxmox ve I followed this guide to setup proxmox + home-assistant: https://community.home-assistant.io/t/installing-home-assistant-using-proxmox/201835

But when I started the vm I noticed that can't access any website on my desktop pc anymore. It's not exactly disconnected from the internet since I still am online on discord or youtube continues to load the current video. But if I refresh any website or restart discord it will behave as if I'm offline. The server on the opposite is still online (tried to ping different adresses). After that I re-installed proxmox multiple times with no change. I always lose my internet upon starting a vm (with no media, bios set to ovmf).

I can only assume it has to be something with dns/gateway? I use 192.168.0.1 for both (same ip as my router).

Hopefully someone can tell me what to do.

Last edited:
I found the issue. When I first tried proxmox on v6.3 everything was fine, but then v6.4 came out and I figured i could just start from scratch with v6.4 since I haven't done anything important, yet. But I just figured the boot order on new vms puts net0 instead of scsi0. I don't exactly know why net0 would make my router crash, but everything works now! I would still be interested in an explanation if possible on why this might have happened on net0 though.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!