Local Storage on Multiple Machines

jbaileypro

Jan 26, 2015
I have a two machine cluster.

Machine 1 = Master, is a Dell 2950 iii with all the storage and drives.
Machine 2 = Second, is a small Intel core i5 rig for a manual backup and testing.

They are joined to the same cluster and I can see both from the web interface. Most of the storage is mounted locally on Machine 1 and then shown to Proxmox using "Directory".

The only problem is that I want to be able to use a second storage drive (SSD) locally on Machine 2 but I cannot add it within the Web Interface. It is already mounted locally on the machine like Machine 1 (usual linux mount point) and I can manually create things while ssh'd into Machine 2. I just cannot get it to mount using the web interface as it assumes I want to mount it on Machine 1.

Is there a way to get it show up?

Many thanks,

Jonathan

Just restrict the storage to the node you want (storage option 'nodes') - whats the problem?

Sorry I didn't find that part when originally looked a mounting. Got it sorted now! Thanks.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!