"local" hd filled with less than 2 ISOs

flyyboyy

Jul 3, 2023
Hello to all - a nubee here with a new Proxmox cluster running on three thin clients, each with a 16GB boot disk and a 1TB m.2 SATA, and with 36G RAM. The cluster is configured with shares on a separate TrueNAS box for general shared storage (including ISOs) and for backups. Those shares show up in Datacenter>Storage and in each of the 3 nodes in the cluster.

While uploading the ISOs I am planning to use, the first one (ubuntu server) went fine, but I received an error "Error '0' occurred while receiving the document" midway through the second. Searched for the meaning of Error 0, found that it basically means that the drive is maxed out. Not the NAS share where I intended the ISOs to go, but the "local" drive is full (6.70GB of 6.99GB).

I tried searching this forum, didn't find anything applicable (at least seemed that way. . .)

So, two questions:
1 - why is the "local" drive showing full and causing the uploads to fail when I'm actually uploading to "ISO Images" on the NAS?
2 - what do I do to correct the issue so that I can upload the rest of the ISOs I want to use?

TIA - Lee

I believe the upload of ISOs via http/UI may temporarily require storage on the system disk regardless of its final destination.
If that is the case:
You need sufficient free space on your system volume to store the largest expected ISO.
You may need to ssh to the PVE host and delete the partial upload.
As a workaround, you could copy ISOs directly to ./template/iso/ on the shared storage.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!