LACP For LXC Containers

Jan 2, 2021
Hi All,

I recently configured LACP for my proxmox instance with 4 Port NIC using Linux Bond with LACP (802.3ad) Mode & layer2 as hash policy also configured my unifi switch to work in LACP Mode
But the issue now i am facing is that my container is not working with full use of LACP
i tested it by downloading 10GB file from 2 diff pc connected in my local network and the speed i got was around 500MBPS which means 1GBPS lane was split into 2

instead i should have got full speed not sure where is the issue.

here are soem screenshots

Network Config For Proxmox

1663303878846.png

LXC Container Network Config
1663303977391.png

Hi,

the mikrotik wiki says "layer-2 - Uses XOR of hardware MAC addresses to generate the hash. This algorithm will place all traffic to a particular network peer on the same slave. This algorithm is 802.3ad compliant." [1]. If the bond is working, it could be that the MAC addresses of both systems end up on the same network interface.

Have you checked on your switch if it says that the bond is working?

[1] https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:Interface/Bonding

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!