[SOLVED] KVM to KVM communication

lweidig

Oct 20, 2011
Sheboygan, WI
I am running Proxmox 4.2 fully patched with two KVM systems. The first is running Windows 10 Pro and the second is running FreeNAS 9.10. Each of the KVM's can be pinged by the Proxmox host and any other devices on the LAN. However, the two CANNOT ping (or any other network traffic) each other. They are both using bridged networking to vmbr0 and have static IP addresses assigned.

Have tried looking around but do not see why this is being blocked. Suggestions?

To follow-up on my own post and hopefully help somebody in the future the issue was using the virtio network drivers. I changed it to E1000 on both and viola after setting the IP addresses back up everything worked great between the two KVM machines and the rest of the network.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!