[SOLVED] Kernel Bug unable to handle page fault

Weeboh

Feb 15, 2023
Hello everyone, I have been experiencing issues with my server crashing since I rebuilt it.

I tried changing the RAM speed from 3200MT/s to 3000MT/s after the first occurrence, but unfortunately the issue has persisted.
Once the kernel bug occurs, the server becomes inaccessible via both the web interface and hdmi.
The server does not respond to the power button and requires a forced shutdown/restart.

The system and microcode are up to date.

Hardware:
  1. Asrock N100M
  2. Patriot Viper ELITE II 32GB 3200MT/s DDR4
  3. KALEA-INFORMATIQUE M.2 to SATA adapter ASM1166
  4. Cooler Master MWE Bronze 600 V2
  5. Samsung 860 Evo (OS/VM/LXC) direct on MB
  6. 2x Segate ST31500341AS (ZFS) on adapter
  7. 2x Segate ST4000DM004-2CV104 (ZFS) on adapter
After two runs, Memtest86+ did not detect any errors.

System log from Apr 13
System log from Apr 17

Last edited:
It looks like my mainboard doesn't support the Patriot Viper ELITE II. I bought new RAM that was shown as supported on the ASRock site. Since then, I haven't had any more crashes. The only thing I've noticed is that the new RAM only gets 1.2V and doesn't support XMP, but it still goes up to 3200MT/s.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!