ipv6 port forwarding like ipv4

popallo

Jul 2, 2019
France
apacher.eu
Hi all!

Totally new to ipv6, I'm trying to reproduce an ipv4 routing configuration on ipv6.

I have a hetzner server on which the interface is configured as follows:

Bash:
# loopback device

auto lo

iface lo inet loopback

iface lo inet6 loopback

# external ipv4

auto eno1

iface eno1 inet static

address xx.xx.xx.xx

netmask 255.255.255.255

gateway xx.xx.xx.1

pointopoint xx.xx.xx.1

# external ipv6

iface eno1 inet6 static

address xxxx:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx::1

netmask 128

gateway fe80::1

up sysctl -p

# ipv4 network and NAT rules

auto vmbr0

iface vmbr0 inet static

address 192.168.1.254

netmask 24

bridge-ports none

bridge-stp off

bridge-fd 0

post-up echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward

post-up iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -s '192.168.1.0/24' -o eno1 -j MASQUERADE

post-down iptables -t nat -D POSTROUTING -s '192.168.1.0/24' -o eno1 -j MASQUERADE

post-up iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i eno1 -p tcp --dport 80 -j DNAT --to 192.168.1.100:80

post-down iptables -t nat -D PREROUTING -i eno1 -p tcp --dport 80 -j DNAT --to 192.168.1.100:80

This works very well for ipv4 and now I'm looking to do the same configuration, well pretty much, on ipv6. I searched the forum and found a similar example here: https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/setting-ipv6-on-proxmox.51008/#post-237274

Only, after multiple attempts to adapt and restart the server, it does not work.

Could someone please help me?

Thanking you in advance. Please take care of yourself.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!