Installation of package pve-kernel

Mar 24, 2021
Hello, When I install proxmox 7, I get an error as shown on the screenshots. Do you know where it can come from? This is the first time I have this. (I install proxmox on virtualbox) Thank you.error2.JPGerror1.JPG

hi,

error message says "Failed to write (No space left on device)"

how big is your install disk?

While that'd be enough for only the packages of Proxmox VE itself, the installer creates a partition for SWAP and also some parts of the disk space for a LVM-Thin, so you either need to force those to something smaller or zero (avoid using zero for SWAP), that can be done in the options on disk selection, or better in general:
Use a bigger disk, 8 GiB is really not much for a hypervisor OS. With that small space you'll continue to run into issues with updates and the like.

Last edited:
i tried and got the same error with an 8G disk. please try installing with a larger disk :)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!