[SOLVED] import .raw image

painerp

Jul 24, 2016
Hey,

I've been searching for multiple hours to get this working and am slowly questioning me so I hope some of you may have a nice idea to get this fixed.

Problem:
I've reinstalled proxmox and only copied the images (.raw files). (since the system was fucked and I could only rescue those).
Restoring my Windows VM worked flawlessly but my Debian which I've created with one of the Debian 8 Templates (~4 months ago) won't work.

I've tried to create a new VM with roughly the same settings and change the Harddisk with the one I got. Upon starting the VM it just tells me there's no bootable device in the system (image below).

I've also tried to create another Debian container and again exchange the Harddisk which seems to boot but the console only tells me (image below). Neither the login I created on the creation of the CT nor the one of the actual VM seem to work there.

Thanks a lot for your time!

UPDATE:
I haven't found a fix for it but decided to do kind of a workaround.
I mounted the raw files (kpartx -av vm-100.raw) and copied the stuff out I needed the most and basically reinstalled Debian and exchanged the necessary parts.

Attachments

• DebianMain NoBootableDevice.PNG
    DebianMain NoBootableDevice.PNG
    70.5 KB · Views: 19
  • DebianMain CT.PNG
    DebianMain CT.PNG
    69.5 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!