Hyper-V Gen2 Linux to Proxmox

I managed to do it myself, with some errors but still :)

On Proxmox (destination)
* Create a new VM
* Create a EFI disk
* In options BIOS = OMVF (UEFI)
* Download Clonezilla and start on it in the VM
* Choose "Remote destination"
* Enter IP of the Hyper-V

On Hyper-V (source)
* Start on Clonezilla
* Choose "Remote src" -> Disk cloning mode

Back to Proxmox
* Hit enter to start cloning
* Once done, reboot, press Esc to get into the BIOS
* Boot manager -> Boot from file -> choose grub64.iso

(I am aware that there are errors in this guide as I sadly did not note the whole procedure, but had to resort of comminiting from memory. But if you are following this guide, make notes and update it, might help the next person to get this up and running!)

Did you know the documentation about? Done this often, and it has worked always fine. Not tested with UEFI. Don't forget after to optimize the vm with drivers and the right devices...

fireon - I read through all of it I could find, most of it is for Windows and worked fine. Linux Hyper-V guest was not there tho, hence my guide :)

A

Yes, you described one way to do this, that almost applies to all OSes, so it's a good general approach.

On Linux, normally, you just rsync your files and fix your bootsector and are good to go.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!