HowTo: Install Proxmox Mail Gateway on OpenVZ

Same kind of error in my syslog also:

May 13 05:21:19 pxmox1 proxwww[1050]: auth failed: Authentication failure at /usr/share/perl5/Proxmox/Utils.pm line 344, <GEN0> line 71.
May 13 05:21:49 pxmox1 proxwww[1051]: auth failed: Authentication failure at /usr/share/perl5/Proxmox/Utils.pm line 344, <GEN0> line 71.

This must be a bug with the template. I believe we have enough people reporting the same comon issue here. What is the resolution then?

Thanks,

M

Hi
In defense of proxmox I have exchanged a few emails and they have been very helpful in trying to diagnose this issue.
I decided that my test environment was no good ie I had one nic and what is the point of testing a mail gateway if it can't see the internet!
Anyway I've had to park this project but may revisit in the future, but I suggest a 'proper test environment' may be the way forward....
Cheers and big up to the proxmox guys!

That might be the case for us. So here is our environment:
Proxmox server 1.1 behind a firewall: means all addresses are private and are mapped to the public address.

Installed the mail gateway from the latest download template and created a VPS from the template with using the virtual network interface with an IP address. when I try to SSH to the system through the private IP address I can log in. However if I type https:/privateipadress and prompted with the mail gateway system authentication I cannot access (using the same credentials as I did with SSH).

Based on my description. What did we do wrong?

Thanks,

M

Hi
In defense of proxmox I have exchanged a few emails and they have been very helpful in trying to diagnose this issue.
I decided that my test environment was no good ie I had one nic and what is the point of testing a mail gateway if it can't see the internet!
Anyway I've had to park this project but may revisit in the future, but I suggest a 'proper test environment' may be the way forward....
Cheers and big up to the proxmox guys!

By the way I agree with you 100%. Proxmox PVE is a great product and we support and stay behind it (this is a very nice group to work with). As well, we are evaluating the Mail Gate Way solution to potentially sign up as a partner. Our team is actually very excited to evaluate the system.

That might be the case for us. So here is our environment:
Proxmox server 1.1 behind a firewall: means all addresses are private and are mapped to the public address.

Installed the mail gateway from the latest download template and created a VPS from the template with using the virtual network interface with an IP address. when I try to SSH to the system through the private IP address I can log in. However if I type https:/privateipadress and prompted with the mail gateway system authentication I cannot access (using the same credentials as I did with SSH).

Based on my description. What did we do wrong?

Thanks,

M

can you open SSH access for our support team? we need to see the issue as we cannot reproduce it in our labs.

pls email to support@proxmox.com to discuss the details.

Hello,

Is it possible to get Mail Gateway installed on virtouzzo and has anyone tried?.

Thanks,

Hello,

Is it possible to get Mail Gateway installed on virtouzzo and has anyone tried?.

Thanks,

yes, we had a certified virtuozzo template but we do not maintain it any longer due to minimal requests. this is version 2.1 but if this works on you virtuozzo installation just update via service pack 2.2, then service pack 2.3 and finally hotfix 4009 to the latest version.

the performance on virtuozzo will be great (more or less the same as on OpenVZ).

Hello,

Have installed the rpm, now how do i install a container with mail gateway, the template dosnt list in my virtouzzo template's and there isnt a application template.

Thanks,

Hello,

Have installed the rpm, now how do i install a container with mail gateway, the template dosnt list in my virtouzzo template's and there isnt a application template.

Thanks,

we tested this template with the actual virtuozzo release in 2007, so no idea why its not displayed now, maybe they changed something - ask virtuozzo support - there is also a upgrade path from openvz to virtuozzo.

I confirm:
- no matter with password
- keyboard layout is ok
- network is ok
- Apache webserver is working fine.
- Yes, I see login page

But I can NOT login even I used a GOOD username/password with account root.

I have checked on the log files... everything seems work well except when I login, the only message appears: "You could not be logged on. Make sure your user name..."

See http://www.proxmox.com/forum/showpost.php?p=17581&postcount=3

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!