HOW TO MIGRATE PROXMOX VE VMs TO VMWARE ESXI

NOTHING..this time a power down the vm and i activate with lvchange it..i clone with dd under /dev/lun3/vmxxx-disk-1 to my share disk in .raw format..the dd succesfully and the disk is 21 gb equal to my pve vm..
after that I do qemu-img convert -f raw -O vmdk Z:\vm-30-09.raw Z:\vm-30-09.vmdk...I import the vmdk into vmware 6 in datastore in a equal vm in vmware..the result is almost the same..no bootable disk found..(the disk in vmware is ide0:0 and the bios setting is ok)...with netcat how can I do it?
Hi,
what kind of OS is inside the cloned VM? Windoof?
Perhaps there is an driver missing (don't know which kind of driver vmware use for ide).
Which drive was used on pve - also ide?

If you boot the VM on vmware with an iso (like grml) can you see the partition and mount the data?

Udo

SOLVED LAST SUNDAY
OK THANKS ALL FOR THE REPLIES! I solved with a migration to vcenter using vmware converter installed into the pve machine (local to vcenter)...I don't know how to if I haven't a vcenter..but I think netcat is a valid solution.

Bye

NOTHING..this time a power down the vm and i activate with lvchange it..i clone with dd under /dev/lun3/vmxxx-disk-1 to my share disk in .raw format..the dd succesfully and the disk is 21 gb equal to my pve vm..
after that I do qemu-img convert -f raw -O vmdk Z:\vm-30-09.raw Z:\vm-30-09.vmdk...I import the vmdk into vmware 6 in datastore in a equal vm in vmware..the result is almost the same..no bootable disk found..(the disk in vmware is ide0:0 and the bios setting is ok)...with netcat how can I do it?

Though you've already solved this by using the P2V route, I think this might have been the issue. The disk should've been assigned to a virtual scsi controller, not the ide one.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!