[TUTORIAL] How to join a Proxmox cluster to an Active Directory Domain

Hello and sorry for bringing this old post up.
I have an issue when I'm trying to test the connectivity or join the domain:

================================================================

root@hlpve01:~# realm -v discover domain-name.com
* Resolving: _ldap._tcp.domain-name.com
* Performing LDAP DSE lookup on: 172.16.20.10
* Performing LDAP DSE lookup on: 172.16.20.11
! Can't contact LDAP server
! Can't contact LDAP server
domain-name.com
type: kerberos
realm-name: DOMAIN-NAME.COM
domain-name: domain-name.com
configured: no

================================================================

It seems that the cluster node/s could not contact the DC's/DNS servers via LDAP, even though I can ping both of my DC's/DNS servers from both of my cluster nodes and I have a rule defined via port forward for my cluster nodes to access the DC's from my LAN subnet 192.168.5.0/24 towards 172.16.0.0/16 network where my DC's are located on all protocols. There's a Firewall in between but that should not be the problem as I've mentioned that both cluster nodes have the rules defined to access both DC's on all protocols.
Do I need to configure/install something on the DC's ? like LDAP server roles ?

Does anybody have an idea what the issue could be ?
I would appreciate your help !

Kind regards.

Found myself the solution and I'll share it here just in case:

I had to make another DNS registrations for my DC's/DNS servers using the NAT virtual IP adress configured in my firewall and used by 192.168.5.0/24 subnet where my proxmox nodes are hosted.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!