How to delay the HA procedure with 2 nodes

CHRISTIAN GONZALEZ

Jun 10, 2019
Hello, I have 2 proxmox PVE 6 nodes in HA (softdog) at two different sites connected by internet through a VPN. I use a third computer (Synology) to keep the VM (high availability) using the NFS. The problem is that I don't want the HA process to start just for the loss of connectivity for 30 seconds. That is, I would like the entire HA process to start when 300 seconds (5 min) have passed without connectivity, because sometimes there are short outages on the internet and I do not want the whole cluster reboots.

I keep in mind that a third node is part of the solution, but what I'm really interested in is knowing if I can parameterize the minimum time that must elapse without connectivity (without quorum) to start the migration process of the machines in high availability.

THanks!

Hi,

The timeout is hardcoded and not settable.

It would be good if this was a configurable setting. The hard coded value may not be appropriate for all environments. We'd like to run a non-default value but don't feel that editing that script on each node every time we upgrade is a sensible approach.

Thanks
David

Reactions: debian10

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!