How to configure Proxmox VM with static IP (and ping) on different Network Device

Danny Murcia

Jul 12, 2019
Hi im new in proxmox.

I have a little problem with the configuration of VM with static ip and ping from outside.

I have 2 Network Devices (Attached files)

The vmbr0 works good, i have already VM that cant ping to outside devices, but i tried to configure the vmbr1 using the eno2 device for use other network that use other gateway (192.168.0.1) and when i ping from outside to the ping of vmbr1 works but tried to the VM that have static ip (Attached files) and i cant ping to my LAN network only to the ip of vmbr1.

I think i need to create a VLAN and route that to my LAN network but dont know how.

Please help me!

Thanks!

Murcia

Attachments

• network_interface.PNG
    network_interface.PNG
    12.6 KB · Views: 40
  • network.PNG
    network.PNG
    10.5 KB · Views: 38
  • network_VM.PNG
    network_VM.PNG
    11.6 KB · Views: 34
  • VM.PNG
    VM.PNG
    11.5 KB · Views: 32
Please post config-files (and all plain-text) as text in code tags - this makes it easier to get the information and thus more likely for you to get a response...

I guess the '//' in your interfaces file are just for pasting - otherwise the file would not work ('#' at the beginning of a line is the only accepted comment sign afaik)

you have defined vmbr0 twice in the file this does not work (but I guess this is also due to a copy error -and will orient on the screenshot)

please post:
* '/etc/network/interfaces' (complete as text)
* the output of:
** `ip addr show`
** `ip link show`
** `ip route show`

from the node, and also from one guest which does not work as you expect

Thanks!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!