How to add device (disk storage) in container

BrandonN

Mar 2, 2018
Colombia
Hi for everyone,
Our context: We wish to install a database with cluster features in two or more containers. To do this kind of installation we need as mandatory requeriment, have availables disks to create a disk group which will be use as a global storage for both containers.

I tried with NFS and mount point but this way use a specific mount point to be available into the container, we can't use this way because appear " Error disk already in use or is busy". For this reason we need only the disk or disk space whithout mounting.

Is there any way to do this with PCT, I founded the way with lxc, but with proxmox how I can to do this?

In advance I greatly appreciate your time and help.
God bless you!

Our context: We wish to install a database with cluster features in two or more containers. To do this kind of installation we need as mandatory requeriment, have availables disks to create a disk group which will be use as a global storage for both containers.
If you mean with global storage, a shared filesystem. Then it needs a GFS or similar, to get global locking awareness.

Is there any way to do this with PCT, I founded the way with lxc, but with proxmox how I can to do this?
You can also specify a directory as mount point. But this still holds the above condition.
https://pve.proxmox.com/pve-docs/chapter-pct.html#pct_options

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!