justlookingaround11

May 18, 2019
Hi everyone, a bit of a noob here so I wanted to ask before getting deep into things.
From my search, there are multiple 'solutions' to having just 1 ip, however all of the things I've found here and tried I didn't manage to get internet access on my CTs/VMs.
So here are my questions and I'd really appreciate some help:
1. Is it possible to have 1 IP from hetzner and have multiple CTs/VMs with internet connection running at once?
1a. If so, please point me in the right direction. I have tried setting up a routed setup and i have also tried setting up the proxy setup with MASQUERADE. Both with no success.
So, if i can't do 1, my second question is:
2. If i would like to have x CTs/VMs running at once with connection the internet, would i need x ips from Hetzner?

Did you already checked this? =>
Yup I've tried following that link and it doesn't work.
Also, I recently started to also face issues where my connection to the shell (for the node) and console (for the ct) would be intermittent. It would work for about 5 seconds and then just say connection closed. Or in the case of the ct it would say migration detected.
So I thought it's from my tinkering. So I did a brand new fresh install and I just saw that the same thing is happening with the shell on the node. All I've done after install is add repo and update..
Possible a problem on their end? Because of this new shell connection issue and also I've followed there guide and placed all correct ips in the correct locations afaik. Unless there is some set up for the ct that is beyond the obvious that I'm missing as well..

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!