an4tomic1

Dec 13, 2022
Hi! found myself stuck on a weird situation.

After a power failure during night, my nodes got affected. After restarting, a single virtual machine i was testing to learn about High Availability got separated from its disk.

I'm using local storage on every node, so the environment is a 3 nodes setup, everyone with local storage.

After power failure, i found the virtual machine micrated to another node while it's disk remain on the source node:
1726568807334.png

So i'm lacking the knowledge to move that disk or i'm making so many things wrong. Neither do i'm able to migrate de VM:
1726568967779.png

One of the HA requirements is shared storage (like Ceph or NFS etc.) (or replication, which requires ZFS) and local-lvm does not provide that: https://pve.proxmox.com/pve-docs/pve-admin-guide.html#_requirements_3
It's clear that replication/HA wont work without shared storage solution/environment.

As the disk is "still there" and also de VM. ¿This is a no-return situation, or may i recover functionality?

Like, may i move VM and pair with storage, may i move storage and reconfigure to VM, may i create a new VM and asign that disk?

I'm interested to recover it as the earliest backup is from august and wopuld like to take a look on the information gathered by the zabbix server had running on that VM, however isn't a critical situation i'm curious on fail recovery procedures...

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!