Fuse in proxmox 6.1

dthompson

Nov 23, 2011
Canada
www.digitaltransitions.ca
I'm trying to get fuse working properly in proxmox 6.1 inside of an LXC container. In my configuration, I have the following:

mountpoint (mp0) backupVolume/path

>> Works and mounted

Options --> fuse=1

So I think* its all OK, but I'm not sure.

Inside the LXC container, I am trying to get fuse to work for an email server so that I can have it run the backups to the mountpoint, but its not working. When I run modinfo fuse I am getting the following:

libkmod: ERROR ../libkmod/libkmod.c:586 kmod_search_moddep: could not open moddep file '/lib/modules/5.3.13-2-pve/modules.dep.bin'
modinfo: ERROR: Module alias fuse not found.

What do I need to do in order to get fuse working properly inside of a LXC container? I can get it working withiout issue inside of a KVM image, but not inside here for some reason. The OS I'm running is buster/sid on the LXC container

Sorry, I'm new to fuse and getting it to work inside of LXC.
Thanks,

When I run modinfo fuse I am getting the following:
running modinfo in a container will probably not working properly since the module is loaded on the host
(and not installed/loaded from the container)
activating fuse means that the device node '/dev/fuse/ gets bindmounted into the container namespace so that the applications inside can use the fuse module from the host kernel

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!