Fujitsu RX300S7 with FC connect to disk array Eternus DX90 s2

krupecek

Nov 19, 2022
Hello,
i need some help, i have 3 node Fujitsu RX300S7 connected to Eternus DX90 S2 by fibre channel (2 FC connections each node).
I need to do replication ( when suddenly first node poweroff ---> fast switch to second ) service is very important.
Which Storage Type i need to use? ZFS ? or something else.
I read ZFS is only for local disks - not for arrays but i dont know what i can do.
Replication i seen need ZFS.

Why replication? You have a dedicated shared storage. Just do it as (shared) LVM from each node and you will have
  • data on all nodes
  • live migration without disk copying
  • but no snapshot capabiliy

i create multipath, added vgcreate /dev/mapper/mpatha, added LVM to both testing.PNGnodes --> screenshot, and when i migrate on second node that says: Migration with local disk might take long: eternus-lun1:vm-100-disk-0 (8.00 GiB) - its not instant but i need this.
WITH HA i can do it?

Attachments

• testing2.PNG
    testing2.PNG
    91 KB · Views: 6
removed and works - but i need something like that so when unpluging power cords from first node i need to my services works

Don't use local ISO files. Just create a VM that exports its data via NFS to the cluster. Put isos on this VM then you have also HA Iso storage and can migrate without any problems.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!