Feature request: Hibernate VMs on PVE host reboot

Feb 17, 2020
I thought it would be cool to have an option to hibernate VMs (instead of shutdown) on PVE host reboot. It's especially handy when VMs require manual intervention for startup.

Any thoughts on this?

tom

Proxmox Staff Member
Staff member
Aug 29, 2006
You can hibernate already manually, a general setting to do this on host reboot in already on our internal roadmap.

Reactions: sebcbien
Feb 17, 2020
@Radek Kantor or anyone else it could help, I'm using the following script to automate the process:

Code:
# suspend_and_shutdown.sh
qm list | grep running | awk -F'[^0-9]*' '$0=$2' | while read -r vm_id; do qm suspend $vm_id --todisk 1; done; shutdown -h now

# suspend_and_reboot.sh
qm list | grep running | awk -F'[^0-9]*' '$0=$2' | while read -r vm_id; do qm suspend $vm_id --todisk 1; done; reboot

I'm quite happy with my scripts, although I would still appreciate this being built in.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE and Proxmox Mail Gateway. We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get your own in 60 seconds.

Buy now!