Failed to run vncproxy.

mbghost

Jul 7, 2021
Hello! When I want to run Windows VM, the VM do not see hard disk, and do not working.Task bar I see this error Screenshot_9.pngScreenshot_10.png
Screenshot_11.png
How I can fix it?
Thanks in advance for your answer

Last edited:
hi,

could you please post the VM configuration (qm config VMID)

Reactions: mbghost
Is it possible to be after force restarting Proxmox server?
you mean this started happening after a force restart?

the VM do not see hard disk
if you force restarted then it might be corrupted.

* do you have backup or snapshot of the VM?

* is this the only VM affected? can you boot different VM from the same storage?

Reactions: mbghost
you mean this started happening after a force restart?

if you force restarted then it might be corrupted.

* do you have backup or snapshot of the VM?

* is this the only VM affected? can you boot different VM from the same storage?
I haven't backup, mostly it happens after restore my proxmox server.

I'm installing new Windows VM.

Current time I have 1 Linux VM and 3 Windows VM, Linux and 1 WIndows VM works fine, but with the 2 VM same problem, and there are same storage.

Last edited:
If your VM is windows 7 you need to set the ostype to windows 7.
I mean, ostype already stand 7/2008r2 and another windows 7 operation system works fine with ostype 10/2016/2019

Last edited:
, but with the 2 VM same problem, and there are same storage.
then it could be the storage causing problems. can you try creating another VM on the same storage and see if it works as expected?

then it could be the storage causing problems. can you try creating another VM on the same storage and see if it works as expected?
Yes, I already tried it, and it's working, even I tried restore backup of the VM, which doesn't work, it's also working.

Screenshot_14.png
Could this parameter be the cause of this problem?

I am using SPICE, and in guide a man said change i440fx to q35, now I tried change this parameter another Windows VM, and it also give me same error, after put it by default , it start working, but other VM's working fine with this parameter.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!