[SOLVED] /etc/pve is empty

80m84

Feb 26, 2013
Hey People,

i have a big problem!

I want to update my proxmox2-host .. apt-get update && apt-get upgrade. (sry i mean dist-upgrade)

At the kernel update, the update-process breaks and doenst restart the pvedaemon. I thought he was updatet to.

Then i have a /etc/pve folder with ???????????-stats. After a restart of pvedaemon i have a new /etc/pve folder with 0 files.

My Problem is now, that i runs 12 Linux-VE, but when i try, for example, a vztctl restart 104 openvz says: No Config for 104.

I can not restart, start, dump any of my VEs, thats not yet a problem, its a problem when my host is restarting or something else.

What can i do?

My Idea: Friday night, i reinstall my host, reinstall all VEs, theres only Debian-VEs, mount my old /var/lib/vz-folder and copy the old /* in the new /*.

Or is there a better way?

Sorry for my realy, realy, bad english ;) I hope you can understand me :))

Best Regards

** Solution **

Use a right /etc/hosts file (delete old/unused ipv6 entries)
restart pve-cluster-manager via /etc/init.d/
my configs back, the host working fine.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Hey,

omg omg omg!

I found the fail -.-

pve-cluster doenst restart .. it say: [main] crit: Unable to get local IP address (warning).

My hostname and hosts seem to be legit .. but .. i have an unused ipv6 section in my hosts file.

After delete the ipv6-section, i can restart the pve-cluster and my host is working ..

Webinterface is already working, i can restart / backup my VEs.

Everthing is fine :))

@ Tom:

I use the Guide :) That was not the problem :)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!