how to mount /etc/pve in rescue mode

tincboy

Renowned Member
Apr 13, 2010
I've a crushed server which I want to recover it's important data only
but in a systemrescue live cd environmental how can I read /etc/pve data ?

Is it possible to use this file on newly installed server? ( just copying to new server's /var/lib/pve-cluster/config.db )

Is it possible to use this file on newly installed server? ( just copying to new server's /var/lib/pve-cluster/config.db )

Yes (depend on what happened on the old server?). But stop 'pve-cluster' service first (and make backup of old file)

I've copied the /var/lib/pve-cluster/config.db to new installed server but even after reboot the `qm list` command shows no vm also /etc/pve/qemu-servers is empty

I've copied the /var/lib/pve-cluster/config.db to new installed server but even after reboot the `qm list` command shows no vm also /etc/pve/qemu-servers is empty

You probably changed the hostname?

Directory /etc/pve/qemu-server/ is just a symbolic link to /etc/pve/nodes/<hostname>/qemu-server/

Yes the hostname is exactly the same,
But it's also necessary to copy below files:
/var/lib/pve-cluster/config.db /var/lib/pve-cluster/config.db-shm /var/lib/pve-cluster/config.db-wal
coping all these 3 files it got working and `qm list` shows all VMs,

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!