error: gpg required but not found! It is not recommended, but you can use "sa-update" with the --no-gpg to skip the verification.

redjohn

Apr 22, 2016
Hello everyone,

If I trigger sa-update via proxmox web-gui, I have the following error:

error: gpg required but not found! It is not recommended, but you can use "sa-update" with the --no-gpg to skip the verification.

How can I fix it?

Regards,

Oliver

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this - seems we miss a package-dependency (which gets installed when you use the ISO or container-template).

In the meantime - you should get it working by simply installing gpg on the system:
`apt install gpg`

I hope this helps!

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this - seems we miss a package-dependency (which gets installed when you use the ISO or container-template).

In the meantime - you should get it working by simply installing gpg on the system:
`apt install gpg`

I hope this helps!

Hello Stoiko,

I have installed the container-template on proxmox host. And I have installed gpg now and its working, but why gpg package is missing in container-templater? I have installed 6.0 version?

Regards,

Oliver

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!