Enable fuse in LXC container

deadbird

Jan 9, 2016
Hi.

Is there a way to enable fuse mountpoints in Proxmox 4? My aim is to mount svfs disks in LXC containers.

Thanks ;)

If you absolutely have to, I would suggest establishing the FUSE mount on the Proxmox host and then using a bindmountpoint (e.g. "mp0: /path/on/host,mp=/path/in/container") to make it available in the container. If you establish the FUSE mounts inside the container, you will run into problems (lxc-freeze is not compatible with FUSE which means no snapshots and no suspend backup, you need to change all sorts of containment settings which lessens security, ..).

Can you share a little more on how one achieves this please? I make a connection on the server using:
sshfs myuser@192.168.abc.def:/ /mnt/xxx-win01
(myuser is a valid user on the connected to server and the command succeeds)
The mountpoint is added like this:

mp0: /mnt/xxx-win01, mp=/mnt/server

This creates the mountpoint in the LXC machine, but the content cannot be listed.

:~$ ls -la /mnt/server
ls: cannot access /mnt/server: Permission denied

The mount is world readable though

Is there some trick that I'm missing here?

Can you share a little more on how one achieves this please? I make a connection on the server using:
sshfs myuser@192.168.abc.def:/ /mnt/xxx-win01
(myuser is a valid user on the connected to server and the command succeeds)
The mountpoint is added like this:

mp0: /mnt/xxx-win01, mp=/mnt/server

This creates the mountpoint in the LXC machine, but the content cannot be listed.

:~$ ls -la /mnt/server
ls: cannot access /mnt/server: Permission denied

The mount is world readable though

Is there some trick that I'm missing here?
can you post your container config?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!