Emergency Mode after editing fstab

H4RZVS

Nov 24, 2017
Hi to all.

I'm a linux beginner and i have a problem mounting a virtual disk (Raid50) with fstab.
(I apologise for my english)

Here my disk panel:
Proxmox Disks.JPG

Proxmox is installed on a USB key as /dev/sdb.

I want to mount /dev/sda1 (GPT, ext4), but when i add this line in fstab, promox reboot in emergency mode without explicit message:
Proxmox fstab.JPG

My goal is to be able to use my 11TB disk as a databank and to host my VMs.

Thanks for your help, have a good day/night.

H4RZVS.

Bonjour,

Est-ce que /dev/sda à bien été initialisé en EXT4 ? Est-ce qu'il contient déjà des données ou il est vide ?

Bonjour,

Est-ce que /dev/sda à bien été initialisé en EXT4 ? Est-ce qu'il contient déjà des données ou il est vide ?

Je l'ai bien formaté en ext4, et j'arrive à écrire dans le point de montage avec un simple mount.

Est-ce que le UUID est bon ? Normalement une erreur dans le fstab n'empêchera pas de booter sauf s'il n'est pas capable de mounter le root. Il semble qu'il essait de booter sur ton Raid50. Est-ce que cela fontionne si tu change de UUID par /dev/sdaX ?

Quel est le output de ton fdisk -l

Hi,
sorry don't understand the other posts (english please).

Can you post the output of
Code:
blkid
Btw. the installation on an usb-drive isn't the best idea... usb-drives are normaly dead after a short time (to much writes).

Udo

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!