[SOLVED] Email alerts do not work!

Itay1778

Apr 23, 2021
Hello everyone, I have a problem with email alerts from Proxmox.
I tried to work according to several guides none of which helped / worked.
Everyone gives the same instructions, I worked mostly according to this guide: https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/get-postfix-to-send-notifications-email-externally.59940/
And it doesn't work for me.
First of all I have to change that "From" from root@pve to user@mydomain And even after I added the smtp_header_checks as they say it didn׳t change it
I'm not sending email through Gmail. I use my own domain, and it's working fine. So this is something in the Proxmox settings.
I look at logs in /var/log/mail.info and I see that it sends via root@pve.localdomain and no matter what I do it doesn't changes it .
I tried to configure via ssmtp instead of via postfix and then everything worked through using the mail -s command but when I tried to use
Code:
 echo "test" | /usr/bin/pvemailforward
I had an error ....
Code:
sendmail: RCPT TO:<tosent@gmail.com> (553 5.7.1 <root@pve>: Sender address rejected: not owned by user user@mydomain)
If it is possible to just fix the problem with ssmtp then it would be best because it works there much better than postfix.

What to do? I worked exactly according to guide instructions.

Anyone know how to solve this? Email alerts are something important so if anyone knows I would love to resolve this as soon as possible.

Have you tried setting the 'E-mail from address' in Datacenter->Options in the GUI?

I hope this helps!

Reactions: Itay1778

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!