Edit Network Settings for Guest VM

coretechx

May 23, 2017
Hello

Does anybody know how to change network settings such as the vmbr interface after a VM is already created?
I couldn't find anything after looking around, not even a summary of current network settings for the guest VM. The only way I could do this was by creating a new VM and having the right configuration from the start.

Figured this out. If anybody gets stuck in the same situation, VM settings are under the "Hardware" tab when you have selected the Guest VM.

To edit network settings, select the "Network Device" and click "Edit" to change network settings.

If you disabled networking during initial configuration like I did, you can create a network interface by clicking on the "Add" dropdown menu.

Reactions: liverpoolstar

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!