Edit Backup File

Borotes

Apr 8, 2021
Hi guys,

I got new hardware for my home server environment this weekend.

I reinstalled the current version of Proxmox and was able to restore almost all backups. However, I am encountering problems with one, as my setup has changed slightly.

In my last environment, I had a USB drive plugged into the server that stored data via a virtual LVM. Now I have the external disks built into the server.

In the past, I coud restore the VM and choose "From backup configuration" as storage.

However, this is not possible anymore because and I theoretically do not have enough memory for the whole system (every drive is 1TB) and it was previously spread over two drives.

The VM is a cloud, where the system (50GB) is on an SSD and the data (1TB) was stored on the usb drive (HDD).

I suspect that I can't select the option anymore because Proxmox can't find the specified LVM from the backup

NVIDIA_Share_7jT7y2fbGV.png
It's the "external-lvm":
NVIDIA_Share_T2A0OEPwIm.png

I had to rename the LVMs as I now have several... (It was the first one I created some years ago).

Can you tell me if it is possible to change the name of „SCSI1“ in the backup to get the server back with the desired configuration?

Greetings Borotes

no you can't - but you can just restore to the storage that has space, and then if you want, move the small disk afterwards to another storage?

Reactions: Borotes

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!