Direct spice connection

crazybyte

Oct 11, 2020
Hi all,

I'm new to Proxmox. I installed it on a bare-metal server that it's connected to a dedicated mngmt-VLAN, while the VMs (running on it) are attached to the lab-VLAN.
In order to access the VM via spiece I use the Console->Spice button on the Proxmox webUI
1602851079210.png
but this point my spice client to the Proxomox server which acts as proxy for the Spice channels.

I would like to access the VMs from my spice client by directly connecting to the VMs IP (lab-VLAN) instead than the Proxmox IP (mngnt-VLAN), how can I do that?

Thanks

"I would like to access the VMs from my spice client by directly connecting to the VMs IP (lab-VLAN) instead than the Proxmox IP (mngnt-VLAN), how can I do that?"

you can't connect spice to the vm ips. (because spice is not running inside your vm). It's like a display of the monitor of your vm, like a kvm ip. So you need to use your proxmox management ip for this.

Thanks, you are right.
So, the only way to allow hosts on other VLANs to connect to VMs via spice is allowing connection to 3128/tcp of the proxmox mngmt port. Do you know any other way?
Do you know if spice can be installed as daemon into the guest OS, like a VNC server?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!