[SOLVED] Deleted cluster node still shows up in webinterface (PVE 4.1)

F_B

Apr 6, 2016
Hey

we are running a pve cluster (4.1). Because one machine totally stopped working, I removed it from the cluster with pvecm delnode . pvecm status tells me that the node is removed. However when managing the cluster via webinterface it still shows up in the "server view" perspective as an offline node. In all other perspectives it is gone. So how to remove it from the "server view"?

Hi,
remove the node from /etc/pve/nodes/<nodename>
But by carefull if you remove the wrong one your settings are gone form a good node.
copy first.

say you like to remove pve1 not pve2 then
cp -r /etc/pve/nodes/pve1 /root/
rm -r /etc/pve/nodes/pve1

@dietmar

I am having this problem also - I decided to retire a node completely so got what i needed, powered it off and then used pvecm delnode <node>

The node is still in my web interface so I removed /etc/pve/nodes/<node> but it is still in my web interface - is there anywhere else I need to update this?

Maybe you need to restart the daemons (and make sure /etc/pve/nodes/<node> is really removed)

# systemctl restart pvedeamon
# systemctl restart pveproxy

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!