[SOLVED] Debian 11 UEFI Installation

IanH13

Nov 16, 2021
Hi everyone,

I have been using Promox VE for a while now without any issues.

But today i have just gone to do a new installation of Debian 11 in UEFI mode and the GUI and Non GUI installation doesn't show correctly.

Proxmox VE Version: 7.0-14+1

I not sure if there something i have done wrong or missed out in the configuration but i have tried this is BIOS mode and it work fine without any issues, but i would prefer to install it in UEFI mode. Any help would be greatful.

Regards

Ian

Attachments

• Debian 11 BIOS Mode.png
    Debian 11 BIOS Mode.png
    376.9 KB · Views: 50
  • Debian 11 UEFI Mode.jpg
    Debian 11 UEFI Mode.jpg
    974.1 KB · Views: 53
it seems this is some kind of incompatibility between uefi (or secureboot) and the debian kernel image config...
yes the workaround for now is to select a different graphics card for the vm (e.g. virtio-gpu or spice)

also disabling secure boot and using the text-based installer seems to work

Reactions: mhagen and Iso
I have this bug too, using spice graphic card fix it.
Thanks for this it did fix the issue i was having.

it seems this is some kind of incompatibility between uefi (or secureboot) and the debian kernel image config...
yes the workaround for now is to select a different graphics card for the vm (e.g. virtio-gpu or spice)

also disabling secure boot and using the text-based installer seems to work
Thanks for this as well.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!