Datastore Import Issue

CameronMG

Nov 15, 2022
Hi everyone,

I'm hoping someone can help me, however i've spent the last 3 hours trawling though the forums but nothing has worked;

Essentially, I reinstalled my PVE cluster earlier this evening so I could deploy PVE8.0. Install complete, fine tuning on the VE side complete so I go to bring back my VMs. Spin up a new PBS VM, no issues there, however when I go to restore my datastore as I have done so previously, I am getting the error;

"ERROR unable to open chunk store 'CMG-PROXBA-001' at "/etc/NFSfromSynology/.chunks" - No such file or directory (os error 2)"

Just for a bit of context, my datastores data is stored on my Synology NAS on the same network as PVE, with an NFS connection between the NAS and the PBS. This has worked with no issues, what so ever up until now.

I've looked at previous posts on the forums but nothing i've done seems to have worked. I've tried changing the chmod number, i've tried disconnecting and reconnecting the NFS share multiple times, however with no luck at all.

I'm kinda caught between a rock and a hard place because I need this to work so I can bring back my AD DC and Exchange box. This is just within my home lab so yeah, spinning them back up isnt a major issue, however I've put alot of time into these boxes and would like to save myself the absolute headache of having to redo all of that!

I do currently have the NFS share connected and this is the output that I get when I do a ls -la

drwxrwxrwx 7 backup backup 4096 Jun 25 02:48 . drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4096 Jun 25 02:36 .. drwxrwxrwx 1 backup backup 1073152 Nov 16 2022 .chunks drwxrwxr-x 12 1024 users 4096 May 2 08:30 ct drwxrwxr-x 2 1024 users 4096 Dec 5 2022 host -rwxrwxrwx 1 1024 users 0 Jun 25 02:48 test drwxrwxr-x 8 1024 users 4096 Apr 19 03:40 vm

If anyone can help me get this sorted, I would be forever grateful!

Many thanks,
Cameron

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!