correct network configuration

danmer

Oct 5, 2021
Hi all guys. I'm new to the forum and proxmox, sorry in advance for my bad english. Lately I tried proxmox on my laptop using my router as DHCP and everything worked right away with no particular configurations. I then switched to proxmox on an external vendor to configure vm.

I have two static ip and two eth0 and eth1 network cards. I would like to configure pfsense on eth1 and then add a virtual LAN where other machines external to proxmox can be merged into the VPN.

So I would like to use eth0 only for the proxmox interface and for the server itself.

I have tried different configurations but in the end I always find myself with VMs that cannot have external connectivity. Can anyone help me with a minimal setup? To do what I need? I'll post my current clean setup.

Thanks in advance to everyone!!!!

auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

auto eth0
iface eth0 inet manual

iface eth1 inet manual

auto vmbr0
iface vmbr0 inet static
address xx.xx.xx.xx/24
gateway xx.xx.xx.xx
bridge-ports eth0
bridge-stp off
bridge-fd 0

auto vmbr1
iface vmbr1 inet static
address xx.xx.xx.xx/24
bridge-ports eth1
bridge-stp off
bridge-fd 0

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!