rackdie

Jan 1, 2023
I am trying to setup proxmox official supported module for whmcs and while testing connection to my proxmox server, it gives me this error
"failed to connect to 107.150.**.*** port 8006 after 1000 ms: connection refused"
Ill be really grateful if someone here can help me regarding this error. for reference i have attached the error below
My port 8006 is enabled on my server and my server isnt blocking any ports. I have even pinged my ip and port online and it shows that my port is enabled. I can access my proxmox dashboard easily too but still receiving this error

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230215_060054.png
    Screenshot_20230215_060054.png
    50.1 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Please explain what do you mean by the access hash not taking it. Please also paste the command that you used (hide your token and IP) and the response received.
curl -k -d 'username=root@pam' --data-urlencode 'password=mypassword' https://myIPaddress:8006/api2/json/access/ticket

I executed this above command in the proxmox server console.

And I got this responded:

{"data":{"cap":{"vms":{"VM.Clone":1,"VM.Config.Cloudinit":1,"VM.PowerMgmt":1,"Permissions.Modify":1,"VM.Config.HWType":1,"VM.Config.Network":1,"VM.Migrate":1,"VM.Audit":1,"VM.Snapshot.Rollback":1,"VM.Console":1,"VM.Monitor":1,"VM.Config.Options":1,"VM.Backup":1,"VM.Config.Memory":1,"VM.Config.CDROM":1,"VM.Config.CPU":1,"VM.Snapshot":1,"VM.Allocate":1,"VM.Config.Disk":1},"storage":{"Datastore.Allocate":1,"Permissions.Modify":1,"Datastore.AllocateSpace":1,"Datastore.Audit":1,"Datastore.AllocateTemplate":1},"access":{"Group.Allocate":1,"Permissions.Modify":1,"User.Modify":1},"nodes":{"Sys.PowerMgmt":1,"Sys.Modify":1,"Sys.Incoming":1,"Sys.Syslog":1,"Permissions.Modify":1,"Sys.Console":1,"Sys.Audit":1},"dc":{"Sys.Audit":1,"SDN.Allocate":1,"SDN.Audit":1},"sdn":{"Permissions.Modify":1,"SDN.Audit":1,"SDN.Allocate":1}},"clustername":"Prox-Cluster","username":"root@pam","CSRFPreventionToken":"6446D977:2ZKh/ImgCveAPso2lpjvFHciGiImpPMtI4dFlNtJODY","ticket":"PVE:root@pam:6446D977::txg4ef8fQol6z0QgmMKv3jt1tsokATcaLkbrJCisohraKyi+UVBwVL66opb0TbSLK50YcKWD9TamXhtjt53iENFihstK4oWBHrmUh4ULJDnWb23k5HFaU/IQm04NOQvITSLOJvj/66Zq4mqu9iGKlZug3tZqezY+X5LWyjRltYtigc7VAyh7Gg9nvyHEg5lQYrrdPQzyDoRY3PKNqB9CnkxNnXPBBWFZ9FN9N8PS8fNAGHzi0cIJsRG3C2g0QLQQKofEUqftKTta5wBi/jwSaKcNovcAWsZioJLFXipKMWxqGF1KrS9WobAoKH35XOCJvBhI21SVj08am0Sl3r/i6g=="}}

The response that you have received is correct. Please use the very same IP address in your WHMCS at the server configuration section and try connecting again.

Should the connection still fail after this action, please open a support ticket and simply send us the link to this thread and optionally provide us with your access details to enable us to check this out for you.

Still connection refused. Proxmox port 8006 is not blocked at all as I have access all the time. I do not even have firewall at this time either.
I reinstalled it. Still not working.... The support cannot find solution yet... Anyone else here has any solution?

the solution is not clear.
Here is the solution of this.
if you are Hosted on cPanel or other Provider Make sure the Hosting is Allowed or Open Ports and Whitelisted the IP of the Node
this will give you fixed :)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!